Posted: December 5, 2013
By Laura Walling
The Thanksgiving holiday fell later this year, which caused retailers great alarm since there would be six fewer shopping days left between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Congress is also running out of time between the holidays to accomplish their year-end goals, and yet they aren’t feeling the same level of angst. There are a number of unfinished items to work on but given that the holidays are upon us, I feel the highlights are best depicted as the Twelve Numbers of Congress. Sing along if you’d like.
Contact Your Member of CongressAdvocate for individuals looking for meaningful employment. Help them rebuild their lives and strengthen their communities. Support our advocacy priorities and contact your local Member of Congress to take immediate action.
Goodwill’s Advocacy in Three Strategic Areas
- As a nonprofit, we focus on legislation that impacts our effectiveness as a mission-based organization in the following areas:
- Workforce Development and Job Creation
- Older Workers
- Individuals with Criminal Backgrounds
- Veterans, Military Service Members and their Families
- Youth Employment & Development
- Family Strengthening
- As a human services provider, we strive to support and develop critical community-based services in the following areas:
- Charitable Donations
- As an employer, we are dedicated to making workplaces accessible to all individuals in the following area:
- Federal Contracts: The AbilityOne Program