Do You Want To
*Click the tabs below to find advice from our experts.
Find a job?
Get your employment search started off on the right foot with these job-finding essentials.
Start Your Job Search Right
- Find a Good Job by Kicking Procrastination to the Curb
- Network Yourself to a New Career
- Seeking a Job? How to Market Yourself to Employers
- Extend Your Job Search with Social Media
Apply for Employment with Confidence
- How to Write a Great Cover Letter
- Six Strategies to Make Employers Read Your Résumé
- Twelve Steps to a Successful Job Application
- Ace Your Next Job Interview
Make Your Background Work for You
Explore new career fields?
Curious about what specific careers entail? Read about specific sectors by clicking on the links below.
- Administration: Advance Your Career as an Administrative Professional
- Call Centers: Crucial Skills to Find a Job at a Call Center
- Green Jobs: Grow Your Career in a Green Job
- Health Care: Transfer Your Skills to a Successful Health Care Job
- Hospitality and Food Service: Hospitality and Food Service Careers Put Your Personality to Work
- Retail: What is a Retail Job, and Is It Right for You?
- Veterinary Technician: Love Animals? Advance Your Career by Becoming a Vet Tech
Advance your current career?
If you already have a job, learn how you can climb the career ladder with these tips.
Enroll in Education Programs
- Career Advancement Starts with Your Education
- Community College Increases Career and Financial Prospects
- Advance Your Career by Earning Certifications
- College Degrees Help Young Moms Advance Their Careers
Be Successful on the Job
Access financial advice?
Budgeting and Finance Tips
- Financial Aid: How to Pay for Your College Education
- How to Budget While Looking for a Job
- Are Payday Loans a Good Idea?
- Five Tips for Building Good Credit
- The Earned Income Tax Credit Puts Money in Your Pocket
- File Your Taxes for Free and Claim the Credits You Earned
Public Benefits and Resources
*Click the tabs above to access advice from our experts.
Each week, an expert answers your questions about jobs, career and financial planning, and more. Our advice columnists are Goodwill® experts from across the U.S. and Canada.
This week, our columnist is Jenni B. Baker, Goodwill Industries International's Online Content Manager..
Andreas from Milwaukee, WI, asks, “I feel a bit lost – like I need to get my job and money under control. I’m thinking these should be my New Year’s resolutions this year. Do you have any tips?”
Five Ways to Prepare for Your Annual Job Performance Review answered by Jenni B. Baker, Goodwill Industries International's Online Content Manager..
Build a Stronger Team by Using the Three ‘F’ Words answered by Todd Chester, Goodwill Industries International Management Development Program Manager.
Scam Alert: Protect Your Finances from IRS Telephone Fraud answered by Jenni B. Baker, Goodwill Industries International's Online Content Manager..
Five Pointers for Delivering an Effective PowerPoint Presentation answered by Jenni B. Baker, Goodwill Industries International's Online Content Manager..
- GoodLife - Family Finances: Ways to manage your family money.
- GoodLife - Jobs and CareersTips and advice for landing a job and advancing your career.