People with Criminal Backgrounds
We believe that you can get a second chance. To begin, contact the Goodwill in your community and ask for an employment specialist.
We understand that for people who have been incarcerated, there are many barriers to successful re-entry to public life, including drug dependency, serious illness, debt and limited work options.
Just getting a second chance may seem almost impossible at times.
We offer services to men, women and youth who have served their time and are trying to get back on track.
What to Expect
Some of the services you may access through Goodwill® include:
- Pre-release services. Get a head start on building your work skills and obtaining the necessary documentation to start your job search before you are released.
- Basic skill development. Prepare for your GED, and take ESL classes or basic education classes.
- Employment readiness training. Learn “soft skills” that help you succeed at work, including interviewing and workplace communication skills.
- Occupational skill training. Learn a skill or trade that can get you back to work, or help you move on to a better job.
- Job placement assistance. Open doors to employment opportunities with the help of Goodwill employment specialists.
- Life Skills. Learn new skills that help you round out your life, such as parenting, relationship and communication skills.
To see what programs are available in your community, contact your nearest Goodwill and ask for an employment specialist.
Hear From People With Criminal Backgrounds We Serve