People with Disabilities
Goodwill® believes that everyone should have the opportunity to live independently, earn wages and achieve their dreams.
We offer quality, customized services that enable people with disabilities to live, work and thrive in their local communities.
Some Goodwills specialize in services for children and adults with specific disabilities, including, but not limited to, vision or hearing impairments, mental health issues, brain injuries, substance abuse, and autism.
To see what programs are available in your community, contact your local Goodwill and ask for an employment specialist.
The Goodwill in your community may offer one of the following programs for people with disabilities:
- Individualized placement and support services to help you obtain and keep competitive jobs.
- Free career centers that assist you in searching for a job, writing a résumé and building your job interview skills.
- Placement in jobs with businesses and state and federal governments.
- Rehabilitation programs that help you in your physical recovery.
- Resources for farmers and ranchers with disabilities through our AgrAbility partnership.
- Assistance with your taxes through our Real Economic Impact (REI) partnership, which can provide you up to $5,000 in credits, if eligible.
Contact your Goodwill to see what programs are available in your area.
To find an AgrAbility project in your state, contact Goodwill AgrAbility Coordinator JoBeth Rath.
Hear From People With Disabilities We Serve