Goodwill® creates diverse programs and services that connect youth with training and employment opportunities that can immediately improve the trajectory of their lives. Goodwill is also playing a role in the White House Council for Community Solutions‘ efforts to discover how local collaborations among businesses, government, nonprofits and families can help youth access job training and support.
If you are struggling in school or have dropped out, if you are heading in the wrong direction, or if you have a disability, Goodwill can help you find a way to succeed.
We help you begin by building on your strengths and understanding your goals. Through the Goodwill GoodGuidesSM program and other youth services, we can help you figure out a career path, pair you up with a mentor, and offer ways to help you become independent.
How We Can Help
- By developing a career plan, we can help you focus on your interests and skills. This plan will help guide your training path so that you gain the right skills and experience.
- We can help you find service learning, internships and volunteer opportunities with businesses and nonprofits.
- We can train you for jobs in retail sales, technology, computers, and for green jobs, such as recycling and electronic recycling.
- We can help you complete high school or assist you in getting your General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- We offer training in daily living skills to help you figure out how to live independently.
- We offer financial education, so you can develop or improve your money management skills.
Goodwill GoodGuides is a national mentoring program for young people between the ages of 12 and 17, who want to learn about careers and prepare for their future. The goal of the GoodGuides program is to empower you to make positive decisions, offer encouragement and guidance, and help you strive for and achieve your dreams.
To take advantage of these opportunities, contact the participating Goodwill in your community and speak with a program specialist to find out about available programs.
Hear From Young People We Serve