Goodwill® Holds Travelin’ Trunk Show for Goodwill Industries® Week
May 3, 2010
- Network of 165 community-based agencies in the United States and Canada with affiliates in 13 other countries.
- Provides job training and employment services, job placement opportunities and post-employment support.
- Strengthens communities and families by training people to become independent, tax-paying members of society.
- Over 6.7 million people benefited from Goodwill career services.
- Over 216,000 people placed in jobs.
- $4.89 billion total revenue.
- 82 percent of revenues funded employment programs and support services.
- More than 2,700 stores and an online auction site, www.shopgoodwill.com.
- Over 83 million donors.
Rockville, MD. — In honor of Goodwill Industries® Week (May 2-10), Goodwill Industries International will be hosting a “Travelin’ Trunk Show” at its headquarters location to showcase racks of contemporary and vintage fashions. The donated clothes will be available for sale to the public and the revenues from the sale will go to support Goodwill® of Greater Washington’s mission to educate, train, employ and place people with disabilities and disadvantages in jobs throughout the greater DC area. Goodwill of Greater Washington is one of 159 headquarter agencies in the United States.
Goodwill Industries International and Goodwill of Greater Washington
The Travelin’ Trunk Show is part of a marketing effort to take donated items to high-traffic areas where business professionals, tenants and others can shop the racks of donated merchandise, including clothing, shoes and accessories.
Each customer receives a Goodwill bag with a mission statement and flier that explains how each purchase turns into jobs for people facing challenges to finding employment.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Goodwill Industries International
15810 Indianola Drive
Rockville, MD 20855
“Our donors and shoppers further Goodwill’s mission of helping people find jobs and experience the pride and independence that work brings,” said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. “We look forward to welcoming new shoppers to our office on Tuesday.”