Houston Business Leader to Chair Goodwill Industries International Board of Directors
October 11, 2012
- Network of 165 community-based agencies in the United States and Canada with affiliates in 13 other countries.
- Provides job training and employment services, job placement opportunities and post-employment support.
- Strengthens communities and families by training people to become independent, tax-paying members of society.
- Over 6.7 million people benefited from Goodwill career services.
- Over 216,000 people placed in jobs.
- $4.89 billion total revenue.
- 82 percent of revenues funded employment programs and support services.
- More than 2,700 stores and an online auction site, www.shopgoodwill.com.
- Over 83 million donors.
Tommy A. Moore, Jr. Brings Business Management and Counsel to Goodwill
Rockville, MD – The Goodwill Industries International board of directors has elected Tommy A. Moore of Houston, TX, as its new chair, to serve a one-year term. Moore took office during the annual Goodwill® meeting of executives.
Moore serves as the Chairman and President and CEO of First Investors Financial Services Group, Inc., one of the most successful and longest running companies in the auto finance industry, which he co-founded in 1989. Prior to starting First Investors Financial Services Group, Inc., he spent 10 years in commercial banking. Moore also serves as a director of Reverse Mortgage Solutions Inc., one of the largest reverse mortgage servicing companies in the United States. In addition, he is the chairman of The National Automotive Finance Association, a nonprofit industry trade group. Active in the community, Moore serves as the treasurer and vice chairman of the board for Goodwill Industries of Houston.
During his service on the Goodwill Industries International board, Moore has held the leadership positions of finance committee chair, treasurer and board vice chair. He has led Goodwill executives and boards to incorporate risk assessment outcomes into their strategic planning processes, while continuing to protect the brand and grow Goodwill’s mission.
“Tommy Moore has contributed his skills and knowledge to helping Goodwill solve business challenges on both the local and national level,” said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. “His outstanding management abilities and accomplishments as well as his passion for the Goodwill mission and his counsel will be invaluable to Goodwill in the year ahead.”