We believe that anyone who wants to work deserves a second chance. People with criminal backgrounds face special challenges as they re-enter the community, and Goodwill offers services for those who are committed to getting their lives back on track.
Here are some ways we can support you:
- Assistance with pre-release services: Get a head start on building your work skills and get all the paperwork you need to start your job search before you are released.
- Basic skills development: Prepare for your GED, and take ESL or other basic education classes.
- Employment-readiness training: Develop the soft skills that help you succeed at work, including interviewing and workplace communication techniques.
- Occupational skills training: Learn a skill or trade that can help you get back to work or move on to a better job.
- Job placement assistance: Find companies and organizations that are committed to giving people with criminal backgrounds a second chance.
- Life skills: Gain new skills in parenting, relationships, and communication.