When you’re looking for a job, trying to enhance your career or even thinking about switching fields, you might find that the journey is full of false starts and complications that you didn’t anticipate. Do your skills match what you’re trying to do? Did you find that you needed education or a credential to get the job you want? Are you missing steps in the path that you’re trying to take?
It can be a frustrating experience, but the important thing is to not give up. Everybody deserves to have a fulfilling career; the trick is knowing how to get it. Fortunately, there are resources out there that can guide you, and real advice that you can get.
GoodProspects® Is Here to Help
As a project of Goodwill®, GoodProspects is designed to help people trying to build meaningful careers to get ahead. Here are just some of the tools that you can use.
- A unique community of other job seekers and career advancers in a wide range of fields whose experiences can help you make more informed decisions. You can join multiple groups based on industry sector or demographics, and ask questions or share experiences on the forums. By conversing with people who understand your situation, you may get just the help you need.
- Career advice articles that include tips for résumés, networking and successful interviewing.
- Profiles of career fields that describe not only what jobs are in each field, but what the jobs are like and what it takes to get them.
- Multimedia resources on successful job searching, plus career advice and encouragement to keep moving forward.
- Virtual career mentors who have specialized experience in helping job seekers and career advancers navigate their way to fulfilling careers.
Your search for a fulfilling career can and should be a successful one. Join GoodProspects today to take advantage of these unique resources. Start a conversation. Grow your career.