This question comes from a job seeker who registered for the 2013 Goodwill Industries International Virtual Career Fair.
“So, I registered for the career fair, but saw something that said you were doing Google Hangouts? I’ve never done that before and am a little confused. Can you explain how I do that?” – Jed from Columbus, OH
Thanks for your question, Jed. This year, Goodwill® is excited to offer job-seeker focused Google Hangouts to supplement our Virtual Career Fair efforts. The platform allows us to connect employment experts from Goodwill and other agencies with people like you who are working to overcome employment challenges.
Next week, we’re hosting three free events:
- Job Talk: Goodwill’s Hangout for Veterans
Monday, May 6, 2013 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. EST
- Job Talk: Goodwill’s Hangout for Youth
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. EST
- Job Talk: Goodwill’s Hangout for Women
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. EST
Each Hangout will feature employment experts and Goodwill program participants within each target group who will talk about their experiences and answer your questions.
You can participate in one of two ways:
- Register for the Hangouts: If you have a Google account (like a Gmail account) you can click on the links above and register for the event(s). If you register, you’ll receive reminders and details as the event approaches about how to participate. You’ll also be able to type your questions to us in advance using the message board on the event page.
- Watch the live stream. If you don’t have a Google account and don’t want to register, you can just visit the links above on the day and time of the event to watch a live stream of the conversation.
We invite you to submit questions during and in advance of the event through the Google Hangout event pages (for users with Google-affiliated accounts), through Twitter @GoodwillIntl or you can email them directly to me at [email protected].
We hope to see you there!