There are three main types of résumés: chronological, functional and combination. While all contain the same basic elements, they play to different strengths and work experience.
|| Reasons to Use It
- Traditional form
- Some employers may expect it
- Groups jobs by the skills you acquired in each one
- Draws attention away from any gaps in your resume
- Describes your career if you’ve had different kinds of jobs.
- Summarizes and focuses a particularly long work history
Download examples of each résumé type by clicking the links below. Use them as a guide for creating your own document.