The holiday season affords us all the opportunity to give thanks and lend a hand to others. To help you celebrate the season of giving, Goodwill® recently launched the “Good Wall,” a virtual wall here on the site where you can share how you and your family plans to give back this year.
In these tough economic times, it can be tempting to focus on what we don’t have. It’s always helpful to focus on the things we have to be grateful for, as well as what we can give to other people. Even with reduced gift-giving budgets, there are still many ways to give back to others.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Good Wall by going to /goodwall.
- Enter your name, or choose to comment anonymously.
- Post your response – in 140 characters or less — to our question: During the holidays, we take the time to give thanks and lend a hand to others. How do you celebrate the spirit of giving this time of year?
- Read through the other responses and “like” and “tweet” the ideas that most resonate with you.
- Check back often to read the latest ways people plan to give back this season.
And finally, spread the word! Share the ‘Good Wall’ on your social networks, and with friends and family — the more ideas we share, the greater an impact we can make.
Write on the Good Wall