By Mercedes Castro, Digital Skills Engagement and Communications Specialist
In celebration of Digital Learning Day on Thursday, February 27, 2020, Goodwill and Google have joined forces to offer Virtual Resume Reviews to individuals nation-wide. In the days leading up to—and including—Digital Learning Day, twenty-two local Goodwill organizations will be using Google’s Applied Digital Skills program to help participants both create and edit their resume. Upon finalizing their resume, participants are able to submit the document for review by a Google employee (“Googler”) for feedback.
Started in 2012, Digital Learning Day has provided a powerful venue for education leaders to highlight great teaching practice and showcase innovative teachers, leaders, and instructional technology programs that are improving learner outcomes. Over the years, this grassroots effort has blossomed into a massive nationwide celebration—over 2,300 events were hosted nation-wide for Digital Learning Day 2019.
This year, the Applied Digital Skills team at Google curated a collection of lessons where participants can use technology to explore new digital skills for their life and future career. Applied Digital Skills lessons are video-based, enabling participants to learn at their own pace. To mark Digital Learning Day, Goodwill staff at participating locations will facilitate resume lessons using the Applied Digital Skills curriculum, consequently supporting participants as they submit their resume for review by a Googler. Participants can expect to receive feedback and constructive edits within two weeks of submitting their resume.
The Virtual Resume Review is a fantastic opportunity for job-seekers and career-advancers alike—from those who need to build a resume from scratch to those who simply want feedback from a professional. Digital Learning Day is just a few days away—call or visit a participating Goodwill near you to take advantage of this limited-time opportunity.
Participating Goodwill Organizations
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys (Roanoke, VA)
- Goodwill of Southeast Georgia (Savannah, GA; Hinesville, GA)
- Youngstown Area Goodwill Industries (Youngstown, OH)
- Goodwill Industries of Erie, Huron, Ottawa and Sandusky Counties, Inc. (Sandusky, OH)
- Goodwill NCW (Menasha, WI)
- Goodwill of North Georgia (Atlanta, GA)
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont (Charlotte, NC)
- Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- Goodwill Industries – Big Bend, Inc. (Tallahassee, FL)
- Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Goodwill Industries of East Texas, Inc. (Tyler, TX)
- Goodwill Industries of Lorain County, Inc. (Elyria, OH)
- Alabama Goodwill Industries, Inc. (Birmingham, AL)
- Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey (New York, NY)
- Palmetto Goodwill (Charleston, SC)
- Goodwill Industries Sacramento Valley and Northern Nevada (Sacramento, CA)
- Goodwill of Northern New England (Gorham, ME)
- Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth (Fort Worth, TX)
- Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois (Peoria, IL)
- Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County (Wilmington, DE)
- Chattanooga Goodwill Industries (Chattanooga, TN)
- Goodwill Easter Seals (Mobile, Alabama)