At this year’s SourceAmerica conference, a number of Goodwill agencies took home or nominated their customers for awards related to the AbilityOne program. Goodwill partners with AbilityOne to obtain federal contracts for custodial, grounds keeping, laundry, manufacturing and other services, all of which are predominantly fulfilled by a workforce of people who are blind or have significant disabilities.
AbilityOne Network Awards
Performance Excellence in Government Contracts Award: Recognizes excellence in AbilityOne contract performance and serves as an example to other nonprofit agencies.
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
Performance Excellence in Using the AbilityOne Program to Further Its Mission:Recognizes and promotes the contributions of the nonprofit agency by focusing on how the AbilityOne program specifically supports the nonprofit’s mission and its overall effort to support people with significant disabilities.
- Goodwill Industries of Lower South Carolina (Charleston)
Government Award for Civilian Services: Recognizes a civilian federal agency that has provided outstanding support to the AbilityOne program for services.
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing (a customer of Goodwill of Greater Washington (DC), the nominating agency)
William M. Usdane Award (Employee Award): Recognizes an AbilityOne program employee with a significant disability who has exhibited outstanding achievement and exceptional character.
- North Central Region: Elizabeth Clear/Licking/Knox Goodwill Industries (Newark, OH)
Evelyne Villines Award: Recognizes an individual with a significant disability who has advanced from work on an AbilityOne contract into private or government-sector employment or management within the nonprofit agency.
- Northwest Region: Phil Johnson/Goodwill Specialty Services, Goodwill Industries, Inc., Serving Eastern Nebraska and Southwest Iowa (Omaha, NE)
- Pacific West Region: James Blaylock/Calidad Industries, Goodwill Industries of the Greater East Bay (Oakland, CA)
Please click here to view the full award excerpts from SourceAmerica’s Workplace magazine.