December 3, 2013
Goodwill Industries of Northeastern Pennsylvania (Scranton) held their first runway show earlier this fall. A local banquet facility was the setting for an evening of fun, fashion and awareness. More than 200 people were in attendance for the inaugural event. The agency showcased the great product lines from their five retail stores currently in operation.Continue Reading »
November 28, 2013
Thanksgiving for most of us means a time for gathering with family and friends, for getting together around the dinner table to enjoy turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie, and for relaxing in front of the flat screen to watch your favorite football teams and TV shows. It is a special time—a time to give thanks for all the good fortune we have enjoyed. But for the many who are homeless and hungry in our country, Thanksgiving is just another day.Continue Reading »
November 26, 2013
Forbes recently released its 2013 list of America’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies, which included Goodwill® for the second time. Last year, Goodwill was ranked at #23; this year the organization is ranked at #19. According to Terry Barber, chief inspiration officer for Performance Inspired, the survey showed that consumers are not only feeling inspired by certain businesses, but are acting inspired by spending more with these companies while evangelizing to others about their inspiring experience.Continue Reading »
November 22, 2013
Hey guys, its Marisa from New Dress A Day here! The holidays are within arm’s reach and we all know what that means – lots of sugar cookies and sweet treats in the office kitchen, lots of seasonal commercials for Black Friday deals, and lots of holiday parties! My schedule is already booked full, and I haven’t even thought of what to wear! With multiples soirees on the agenda, a mix of plane tickets to purchase and the handful of family gifts to grab, the budget for looking festive is a tight one. By shopping at Goodwill®, not only do I save money, but also at the same time I’m helping to provide job training and job placement opportunities for individuals in my community. I think that’s the holiday spirit that I’m most excited about!Continue Reading »
November 21, 2013
Avery from Las Cruces, NM, asks, “Earlier this year, I started my first full-time job. I heard in a meeting that everyone at my company has to do an annual performance review. I’m a little nervous. Do you have any advice?”Continue Reading »
All Blog Categories
- Advocate: News and updates regarding Goodwill's public policy and advocacy initiatives.
- De-Clutter and Donate: Provides ideas and systems to keep your home organized - and you in control.
- Career and Financial Advice: Weekly answers from Goodwill experts to your career and financial questions.
- My Story: Weekly, first-person stories from individuals, volunteers and staff helped by Goodwill's programs and services.
- Shop: Seasonal tips on making the most out your Goodwill shopping experience.
- Up to Some Good: Weekly news updates and highlights from across the Goodwill enterprise.
- Volunteer: Opportunties to serve your local community through volunteerism.