Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are once again teaming up with our friends at Uber® to make donating clothing quick and convenient.
#UberSpringCleaning: Clean out your closets and let Uber take care of the rest
This Saturday, May 2, with the touch of a button, Uber will come to your house, pickup bags of clothing and deliver them directly to a local Goodwill donation center — all for free! Building on the success of previous promotions in the New York, Boston and San Francisco areas, Goodwill and Uber will partner in more than 50 cities across the U.S. where Goodwill and Uber operate.
“We are excited to once again partner with Uber on this popular spring cleaning promotion. For the first time, we are expanding across the nation and to international cities to make donating quick and easy on Saturday,” said Kim Zimmer, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of global development of Goodwill Industries International. “Thanks to the generosity of participating Goodwill donors, we will be able to make an even greater impact in our local communities, helping people build their careers .”
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag up your clothing such as jackets, shirts, pants, blouses and any other items of clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app on Saturday, May 2.
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen.
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your items and drop-off your donation to a local Goodwill free of charge.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pickup location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- Click your city below for important information.
- #UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
- If you’ve already cleaned out your closet or if the promotion isn’t happening in your hometown, you can still help your local Goodwill® by finding your nearest donation center.
We help people find jobs, earn paychecks, build their careers, support their families and build stronger communities. By donating, you’re helping Goodwill put people in your community back to work. Read the personal stories of people Goodwill has helped through your donations.
We hope you join us on Saturday!