Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work.
Goodwill Industries International is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Every person has the opportunity to achieve his/her fullest potential and participate in and contribute to all aspects of life.
We treat all people with dignity and respect.
We honor our heritage by being socially, financially and environmentally responsible.
We strive to meet the highest ethical standards
We challenge each other to strive for excellence and to continually learn.
We embrace continuous improvement, bold creativity and change.
Our Results for 2012
- People served through employment and training programs: 6.7 million
- Mission services provided: 134 million
- People who earned a job with Goodwill’s help : 216,000
- Estimated total earnings of people who earned a job with Goodwill’s help: $3.62 billion
- Total revenue generated by Goodwill organizations: $4.89 billion
- Total revenue spent directly on programs: 82 percent
- Total number of donors (includes repeat donations): 83 million
- Total number of retail stores: Over 2,700 and an online auction site, www.shopgoodwill.com
- Retail sales: $3.53 billion
- Industrial and service contract work: $636 million
- Government grants: $87 million
- Corporate and foundation grants: $22 million
- Individual gifts/Endowments/Fees for services: $39 million
- Government support for mission services: $609 million